Beginning to panic about the 31 January 2015 Self-Assessment Tax Return deadline? Some tips and advice from our extended network
11.2 million people will be required to complete a Self Assessment Return for 2013/14 and the deadline is the 31st January 2015.
The most common things you will need to know are:
- Employment Income – P60 and P11D
- Pension Contributions – statement from provider
- Donations to Charity
- Bank and Building Society Interest
- Buy to Let Investments, Holiday Lets and Second Homes
- Other Income
- Employment Expenses not paid by your employer including mileage to approved rates and clothing
- Professional Memberships related to your job and on HMRC List 3
- Home Office Expenses
What can you do if despite your best efforts you can’t find or get hold of the information you need?
Returns which include provisional or estimated figures should be accepted provided they can be regarded as satisfying the filing requirement.
- A provisional figure is one which the taxpayer / agent has supplied pending the submission of the final…
View original post 173 more words